Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Eagle has landed, finally



Sixteen months after Marshall completed his Eagle Project he was finally honored and awared his Eagle along with a Bronze Palm (I don't have enough room on this blog to go into all of the reasons why it took 16 months) The ceremony was really nice and it was exciting for him to finally receive it. We did miss all of our family who had come to be with him for this special occassion, and his leaders that have helped him along his trail to Eagle that have since moved because of school or the military.
I know some of these same picutres are on the ward blog, but I wanted to have them on our family blog as well. Thanks Dan Ward for taking the pictures :)

Marshall has worked really hard for the past nine years to get to this point. He earned 36 merit badges. We are so proud of him!

Taylor is on his way as well, I just hope it goes a bit smoother than Marshall's did :)

3 comments:

Paul, Brittney, and Avery said...

Such handsome boys! We love Marsh... is dad an eagle because now Paul and Marsh are... Tay has some big shoes to fill! jk... wish we could have been there!

Paul, Brittney, and Avery said...

Don't tell anyone that I almost had TB!

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Congratulations Marshall. That is fantastic tha you finalyl got recognized. Jac-I still need to get you a couple photos I have of the scout camp that Mike went on with the boys--they all look so young in it. I will try to find it this week!